My 2 year old has barking cough and runny nose should he be seen?

Maybe. Just playing the odds, he probably has a cold or a mild case of croup. But if there's a question of his safety in your mind, then better safe than sorry. Here's some basic guidelines i use: if he's having trouble breathing (not just coughing), if he's refusing to drink, not urinating, in pain, inconsolably irritable or barely responsive, he definitely needs to be seen. Beyond that, it's your judgement.
Yes. Barking cough is typicaly associated with a viral illness called "croup". If he is making noise when taking in a breath it is called stridor. If the stridor occurs even while breathing calmly it is a medical emergency for which he should be seen right away in an er. If on the other hand the stridor occurs only when he cries or breaths fast, it may be seen at your pediatricians office asap.