I get this horrible pain starts right under breastbone then stabing into my back up myneck and sholders no drs can figure it out been 8 yrs?

Dr. Arthur Heller
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
In brief: Needs eval
Don't know your age, gender, med/surg history, risk factors, family history, etc.
These symptoms can be from e.g. Esophageal reflux and/or spasm, gallbladder disease, cardiac, musculoskeletal, stomach/ulcer; unlikely tumor, given the duration. Don't know what tests have been done; needs evaluation, above and beyond a history and physical exam.

In brief: Needs eval
Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Vasudev Ananthram
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Two gusses
If you have had it for 8 years and tested extensively, it is not likely to be a life threatening problem. Arthritis and esophageal dysmotility (abnormal contraction of the esophagus) are my two guesses.

In brief: Two gusses
Dr. Vasudev Ananthram
Dr. Vasudev Ananthram
Dr. David Wishnew
Sometimes, these sharp, acute pains are due to small blebs (blisters) breaking on the outer surface of the lungs, allowing air to escape into the pleural space. This would explain the pain and the radiation into the neck and shoulder area
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology