Why do my hands tingle like pins and needles while I am sleeping?

Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: A couple thoughts

It could be due to the positon of your arms while sleeping.
Try changing. Avoid arms over the head and lying on the arms or keeping arms bent at elbow. Otherwise, you may have a conditon called carpal tunnel syndrome. It often manifests when going to be. Google this! there is treatment. Read my posts elsewhere and those of others. Could be a neck condtion as well. I would rec to get check.

In brief: A couple thoughts

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Richard Makowiec
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Nerve compression

While sleeping, the hands and elbows can be placed in a static position for a prolonged period of time and this can cause carpal tunnel syndrome (compression of the median nerve at the wrist) or cubital tunnel syndrome (compression of the ulnar nerve at the elbow).
Both can result in night time numbness & tingling. Best to have it checked by a hand surgeon to assess severity and render treatment

In brief: Nerve compression

Dr. Richard Makowiec
Dr. Richard Makowiec
Dr. Eric Weisman