Spotting is more common for me since I started taking Zoloft (sertraline). I take seasonal birth control but I haven't taken a break to have my period in 6 months?

Dr. Jeff Livingston

In brief: Breakthrough bleed

Unscheduled bleeding is a common side effect of any birth control method but very common on low dose pills.
It usually corrects itself in a few days or over a couple of cycles. If not then you will need to schedule a visit to discuss changing brands or changing methods and make sure nothing else is wrong. Other than being annoying for you it is not harmful.

In brief: Breakthrough bleed

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Eric Weisman