Is it true that the developing of the fovea increases when you wear softcontactlenses and have nystagmus and albism? Its about a 2 year old child.

Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Soft contact lenses

Surely a two year old is not using contact lenses!! I have been through this problem - broke five pair of glasses art age 6! Still wearing glasses at age 71.

In brief: Soft contact lenses

Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
Dr. Clarene Cress

In brief: Uncertain

It is true that the fovea is undeveloped in ocular albinism, presumptively due to lack of melanin, but I am unable to find evidence for the use of contact lens to improve this.
It is suggested that infantile nystagmus is a result of poor vision rather than an underlying neurological disorder, and correction may help that. Contact lens have been used in infants with congenital cataracts

In brief: Uncertain

Dr. Clarene Cress
Dr. Clarene Cress
Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
At age 6 I broke 5 pair of glasses and have been wearing glasses since then (now age 71 and doing OK). In my opinion a 2 year old should not be wearing contact lenses but does need glasses. Tough going for family and child but definitely needed