Hi how long does Prozac (fluoxetine) take to digest in the body. I am bulimic and binge/purge about an hour after taking tablets. Is this a problem?

Dr. Steven Simon
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Variable times

To be absorbed into the body, the capsule contents must fully dissolve to,liquid,then be transported across the stomach or intestine blood vessels.
Suspect your times are approximate for eating and purging after taking Meds, so at best some drug does get in, but not all.

In brief: Variable times

Dr. Steven Simon
Dr. Steven Simon
Dr. Bruce Jacobs

In brief: If you have to

binge/purge, I would give it at least several more hrs.
to make sure the prozac (fluoxetine) is absorbed. Have you thought of getting mental help for the bulimia?

In brief: If you have to

Dr. Bruce Jacobs
Dr. Bruce Jacobs