My stool for the past week has been Green in color. I am sure it's not because any green color food. What could cause it. ? Thanks.

Dr. Bradford Romans

In brief: Undigested bile

can cause the green color.It may represent a rapid transit time for the stool.
For instance,when one has diarrhea and the stool moves rapidly through the colon.I don't think you have a problem , unless,you are having pain,diarrhea,cramps,or any discomfort.Hope this is helpful.

In brief: Undigested bile

Dr. Bradford Romans
Dr. Bradford Romans
Dr. Forrest Jones

In brief: Not to worry

I'm not sure why the color green (I'm not a GI specialist), but likely from your stool's rapid transit thru the gut.
As for colors, red is not good, black (unless from iron pills), is generally not good, & clear (watery) is not good. Get checked if stool is pale yellow. Hope that helps

In brief: Not to worry

Dr. Forrest Jones
Dr. Forrest Jones
Dr. Philip Miller

In brief: Liver/pancreas

or digestive enzyme problems.
The green stool is common in people taking iron supplement and in patients with liver and/or GI disease. Please get a thorough exam and a GI opinion.

In brief: Liver/pancreas

or digestive enzyme problems.
Dr. Philip Miller
Dr. Philip Miller
Dr. Jack Hinkle