Will i be in pain after ureteral stent removal tomorrow surgery was wednesday.its removed tmmrw many forums say how painful it is after.is this true?

Dr. Sewa Legha
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Not painful

Most organs in our abdomen(Belly) do not have pain nerve endings so they are not painful to touch! As a result neither the insertion(placement) or removal of a Stent in your ureter should cause any significant amount of pain.
The worst that can happen is some slight discomfort. So do not anticipate any problems and wait to worry!. Send me a note after the stent has been removed and let me know.

In brief: Not painful

Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. Vicken Poochikian