How to get rid of bad breath I have had this problem for years I went to dentist and she told me to brush more and use mouthwash and floss?

Possible MD eval. After a complete full mouth series of radiographs and a complete periodontal examination has turned up nothing, see your MD to check for any systemic issues.
Bacteria. Usual cause of bad breath is sulfur producing bacteria. You need to brush 2x/day for 2 FULL minutes by the clock. You need to floss DAILY. 2x/day would be even better. Mouthwash my help marginally. Brush top of tongue or use tongue scraper. See your MD to rule out infected tonsils/adenoids, infected sinuses, or GERD. Can also be from diet, Meds, supplements, systemic disease, etc.
Halitosis. Bad breath can be caused by many different factors, including sinus infections, periodontal problems, smoking, cavities, acid reflux, and your diet. Address all of these possibilities with your dentist and physician, and I'm confident that your problem will at least be minimized, and hopefully eradicated.