I get migraine atleast once a week my pcp thinks is caused by GERD I think it something else advice?

Dr. Peter Kurzweil
In brief: Further evaluation
Migraine is a complex topic.
Simple muscle tension type is common. If they are severe, disabling of normal functioning, recurrent, associated with nausea, light sensitivity, associated with visual or any neurological symptoms, a full neurologic work up, including full hx and px, blood tests and brain imaging is needed to determine if a specific cause. If none found, rx must be individualized.

In brief: Further evaluation
Migraine is a complex topic.
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Karla Groves
In brief: Try prev med
Frequent migraines can be treated with medicine to prevent migraines.
If you are having more than 1-2 per month it's time to consider treatments for prevention.

In brief: Try prev med
Dr. Karla Groves
Dr. Karla Groves
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
In brief: Ha
Migraine are treatable but sometimes challenging to find the proper regimen.
If we can reduce the frequency and severity of symptoms by 50% then we consider treatment sucessful. However the goal is always to do better.

In brief: Ha
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. Eric Weisman