I have hep c. Also cirrhosis of the liver. I am very tired and can hardly function . What can I do?

Dr. Fred Harvey
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Many things

You already abstain from alcohol! sleep 8 hours.
Eat enough protein: 1/2 gram per pound of body weight daily. Alpha lipoic acid, phosphatidyl choline, coenzyme q10, b vitamins, milk thistle and n-acetyl cysteine are all valuable liver supports. You may want to have your doctor evaluate your ammonia level. There are medications to help if that is elevated as often occurs in cirrhosis.

In brief: Many things

Dr. Fred Harvey
Dr. Fred Harvey
Dr. Anne Larson
Fatigue is the most common complaint in cirrhotic patients. Our understanding of the cause is poor. It appears to arise in the central nervous system. Despite the fatigue, patients must continue to keep up with physical activity and exercise - to avoid this leads to cardiac and muscular deconditioning and further worsening of fatigue.
Dr. Vicken Poochikian