Which MRI for recurrent Right Arm numbness 30s after supine-sleep on mornings? Daily numbness in ulnar and hand. Previous brachial plexus trauma.

Dr. Philip Miller

In brief: C-spine

I suggest an MRI of the cervical spine and orthopedic consultation.

In brief: C-spine

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Varies

If the numbness is coming from the spine, then certainly an MRI of the cervical spine would be the test of choice.
Other potential causes could include problems in the area of the brachial plexus, especially with your history, or in the lower arm such as cubital tunnel syndrome. A nerve conduction test can be very helpful to tell where the problem is coming from.

In brief: Varies