Turning 21 this weekend! On Lexapro (escitalopram), (escitalopram) can I have any alcohol at all? Will having one drink severely affect me? I take Lexapro (escitalopram) for anxiety and migraine.

Dr. David Hoffman
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Likely not but...

Not an MD, but have had patients with these sorts of questions.
In a healthy individual only taking Lexapro, (escitalopram) no history or signs of liver disease, it is extremely unlikely that one alcoholic drink would cause problems for you. That said, for some people it is difficult to stick to just one drink. No matter what for your health and peace of mind ask your prescribing MD for conclusive answer.

In brief: Likely not but...

Dr. David Hoffman
Dr. David Hoffman
Dr. Eric Weisman