First herpes OB. Has 2 swab tests, both positive for hsv1 negative for hsv2. I heard swab tests can be inaccurate. Is it possible I have hsv2 as well?

Dr. Stephen Scholand
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Unlikely

I wonder what exactly was the type of test used? If it was a PCR test, then I would trust those results.
Besides, you had it done twice which has shown the same result in each case. It would be rare anyway to have transmission of HSV-1 and HSV-2 all from one incident. In fact, having one of the herpes viruses may partially protect against getting the other one. So I think you only acquired HSV-1.

In brief: Unlikely

Dr. Adam Levy