Five yrs ago I slipped my C5, healed w PT. In the past yr I have began w pain that radiates down my R arm. Tx ideas? PT exercises no longer help.

Dr. Steven Puccio
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Disk herniation

This is a recurring problem for you it may not be a bad idea to see your family physician for an a valuation and possibility of utilizing anti-inflammatory medications and exercise to see if this helps at least initially if this does not improve the arm symptoms consideration for oral steroid medications may be an option.
An MRI may also be warranted in light of the fact that you do have a historythis is a recurring problem for you it may not be a bad idea to see your family physician for an a valuation and possibility of utilizing anti-inflammatory medications and exercise to see if this helps at least initially if this does not improve the arm symptoms consideration for oral steroid medications may be an option. An MRI may also be warranted in light of the fact that you do have a history of a herniated disc at C5.

In brief: Disk herniation

Dr. Steven Puccio
Dr. Steven Puccio
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine