Skin biopsy of forehead came back with invaginating and dilated follicle with dermal fibrosis.Dr took another biopsy what are they looking for?

Dr. Morton Levitt
Pathology

In brief: Skin biopsy

There are a number of benign skin tumors that arise from the hair follicle that can masquerade with features described in the biopsy.
Without the ability to view the slide(s) nor read the actual report, my best guess is that they are rebiopsing to rule out certain variants that are still benign but are prone to recur and/or they simply want a better representative sample of the surrounding tissues

In brief: Skin biopsy

Dr. Morton Levitt
Dr. Morton Levitt