I was on .5 xanax (alprazolam) 2 times a day dictor switched me to 2mg valium 3x a day and 50 zoloft for panic disorder. Is it safe to switch cold turkey?

Dr. Donald Gieck
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Ok to switch

Both xanax (alprazolam) and valium are of a similar class of medications, so following your provider's instructions should allow you to switch with no problem. Adding zoloft should not be an issue either. If side effects occur, let your provider know.
If the medication is not as effective as desired, consider adding cognitive behavioral therapy for panic . This is also an effective treatment. Be well.

In brief: Ok to switch

Dr. Eric Weisman