I have asthma and use my inhaler a lot on a daily basis also I wake up every night having trouble breathing or feel suffocated. its rly bad walking etc.?

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Asthma uncontrolled
2 basic meds for asthma: reliever drugs & controller drugs.
Sounds like you are overly dependent on relievers (albuterol or xopenex). When you take the right amount of controller meds (inhaled corticosteroids, alone or combined with a long-acting bronchodilators, singulair) you'll need that reliever inhaler no more than 2x/week. You'll get your life back. See your pcp, allergist or pulmonologist.

In brief: Asthma uncontrolled
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care
In brief: See your doctor
Your asthma is not controlled.
You need to see your doctor to step up the treatment until you achieve control.

In brief: See your doctor
Your asthma is not controlled.
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Dr. Sue Ferranti
In brief: Need evaluation...
If your asthma is under good control, you should not be having these ongoing symptoms.
So, you need to be evaluated to see if there is any other etiology of these symptoms (ex. Gerd, chf, etc) and, if present, these other contributing factors need to be treated as well. If an eval reveals that your symptoms are all due to asthma, perhaps your meds need to be adjusted. Good luck.

In brief: Need evaluation...
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology