Hi - I m pretty sure I have lice, but my apartment also has fleas. Will Nix (1% permethrin) kill both these pests?

Dr. Holly Maes

In brief: Yes and maybe no...

Sorry for the confusing answer. Permethrin may indeed kill both, but also many of these pests are now resistant to that drug.
In some areas of the US as much as 50% of luce are resistant to Permethrin. If you're having problems with recurring infestations, talk to your doc about other options for treatment in your area of the country. Also, remember environmental controls to prevent recurrences

In brief: Yes and maybe no...

Dr. Jonathan Jassey