What are the recommended physical therapy and strengthening exercises after radial sagittal band surgical repair?

Dr. Peter Ihle
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Initially a splint-

-with an extension block, where you can flex but not extend later bands extend the distal inte-phalangeal-joint (distal IPJ).
Since 1 band was in tact,gradually the extension block is bent to allow small increments extension. I would usually start @ about the 3-4th week, also you need to be sure to keep the other digit's motion going. @ 6th week splint removed. When splints on passive motion [email protected]

In brief: Initially a splint-

Dr. Peter Ihle
Dr. Peter Ihle
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine