I have what feels like a twinge of pain, similar to a running cramp in my lower left abdomen. Started this afternoon while sitting at work.

Dr. Donald Colantino

In brief: Cramp

This may be an abdominal muscle strain/mild inflammation or it could be an early manifestation of colon inflammation or diverticulitis.
If the discomfort persists, worsens, is accompanied by tenderness, fever, chills,abdominal distension,nausea or vomiting,blood in stools then a visit to the hospital emergency room is needed where prompt evaluation and testing are available.

In brief: Cramp

Dr. Shadia Constantine

In brief: Monitor...

Dear GCollier, in the left lower abdomen we usually think large intestine but it can be other things.
This simply could be constipation. Monitor is the pain progresses, travels to the right side or down to your groin, examine your skin, check for fever, nausea and look at your stool and urine. I hope it's nothing...

In brief: Monitor...

Dr. Arnon Rubin