My little cousins are itching everywhere and now I am too. Do I have the mumps?

Dr. Jerome Litt
Dermatology

In brief: ITCHING EVERYWHERE

Mumps usually don't itch.
If your little cousins have been itching, and if you are itching now, you all may have scabies. See a pediatrician or a general physician. If it is scabies (and without seeing you, i cannot tell), there is a cream or lotion that will cure it.

In brief: ITCHING EVERYWHERE

Mumps usually don't itch.
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Nicolas Melgarejo
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Not mumps

Mumps is a distinct viral syndrome that is characterized by a prodrome of fever followed by swelling of the parotid glands.
In certain cases in males it can also cause testicular swelling. It does not cause pruritus. From the symptoms you are describing, it seems it could be a case of scabies, which is common in children, it is very pruriginous and very contagious, even to adults.

In brief: Not mumps

Dr. Nicolas Melgarejo
Dr. Nicolas Melgarejo
Dr. Shontae Buffington