Is it ok to take Dalmane (flurazepam) for insomnia and Zyrtec together every night? I have chronic insomnia and the combination helps me sleep

Dr. Krishna Kumar

In brief: Medication effects

Using Zyrtec with Dalmane (flurazepam) may increase dizziness, difficulty concentration, impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination.
Let Wise Woman within you reflect Stresses causing insomnia. Consider: Avoid •Alcohol •OTC Sleep aids Exercise or Yoga in the evening Before sleeping, •Close that day’s Chapter in Book of Life •Visual imagery of National Parks •Breathing Relaxation •Therapy

In brief: Medication effects

In brief: Likely OK

Should be no short term or long term severe adverse reactions, but the combination will eventually become less effective and you may have a rebound insomnia.
Maybe consult with your regular doctor about stabilizing your sleep pattern in absence of meds.

In brief: Likely OK