Ways to reduce cholesterol? Generally healthy, and not overweight but have high cholesterol. Also have slight sinus bradycardia/sinus arrhythmia. Doctors have told me not to worry after repeated EKGs. I want to keep my heart healthy/avoid CHF later?

Pathology

In brief: Mostly genetic

A very high cholesterol may need to be medicated now, if for example you have familial hypercholesterolemia with LDL over 200.
It is fairly common and deadly. Exercise is actually more helpful than diet here and you want to maintain lifelong good habits. There are guidelines, and there's no reason to believe super-tight cholesterol control in youth benefits you decades later.

In brief: Mostly genetic

Dr. Harinder Gill
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Rhythm,lipids

The sinus mechanisms are a normal healthy heart,long term the lower the LDL & higher the HDL the more likely you will live longer;currently high potency statins may be a good bet in addition to regular exercise;lean body mass and & good hygiene

In brief: Rhythm,lipids

Dr. Harinder Gill
Dr. Harinder Gill
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine