Can severe pain cause severe depression? I can barely function from the pain. I am not being treated for this at all. I feel severely suicidal.

In brief: Get help Now!!

Please have a friend or relative drive you to the nearest ER or call 911.
Let them know that you are having thoughts/ urge to kill yourself. Don't put this off. Yes, pain can lead to depression & destroy your quality of life. There is help. There is hope.

In brief: Get help Now!!

Dr. Donald Gieck
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Yes-have eval ASAP

First and foremost, please get to an ER or call 911 if suicidal thoughts have worsened or if you feel an imminent desire or intent to harm yourself- take care of your safety first.
To answer your question-yes, chronic pain and depression can be related. Good news is there are options for treating both. If possible have an evaluation by a primary care doc for both pain and depression. Be well.

In brief: Yes-have eval ASAP

Dr. Eric Weisman