So my heart rate stays pretty normal im always scared that every chest pain is my heart. Like tonight i keep getting a sharp pain center of my leftrib?

Dr. Rebecca Gliksman

In brief: Chest pains

May be gastritis/ gallbladder. If concerned get an EKG will note significant abnormalities and an echo which shows the structure of the heart.
Stress test will demonstrate if there is ischemia( usually in the young an echo and EKG is enough),Try ranitidine or prevecid as that can help for GERD/gastritis, test for H pylori. Caffieine , energy drinks , cocaine can affect the heart. F/u/ w/ doc

In brief: Chest pains

Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine