I have Af I take verapamil and aspirin therapy. At times my heart rate drops into the 30's for a few seconds then back to the 60's is that normal?

Dr. Matt Wachsman

In brief: Several points.

without an exam, I can only give general information and cannot diagnose, treat/prescribe/etc.
and, asymptomatic rate changes are not an indication for a pacer nor even necessarily changing therapy. AF requires rate control and stroke prevention. Aspirin alone is not enough and coumadin (warfarin) or the newer anti-stroke medicines are generally recommended.

In brief: Several points.

Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology