What do I do for an allergic reaction to Neosporin on my ears, it has blistered and cracked in just one day. Do i wash with antibacterial soap? Benadr

Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Try cortisone cream

Your best bet is hydrocortisone cream OTC.
If it does not fast or well enough, you will need to see your doctor to get a more potent Rx cortisone preparation. Unfortunately the damage has already been done and thus simply wash it out with soap and water would be fine (if in the ear canals and not outer ears, but sure to dry the canal out gently with a Qtip since alcohol will cause to much pain.

In brief: Try cortisone cream