Can someone get a chemical peel on the external portion of the vagina (the vulva/ labia majora)?

Dr. Parul Krishnamurthy

In brief: Anything is possible

But why would one do such a treatment? Do not recommend this at all.

In brief: Anything is possible

Dr. Parul Krishnamurthy
Dr. Parul Krishnamurthy
Dr. Jane Van Dis

In brief: No

I would definitely not recommend a chemical peel for any of the external genitalia.
The chemicals in the peel are too strong for the mucosa in that area. If you are having difficulty with folliculitis (small infections) from shaving, or any other common ailment to the vulvar tissue, see your gynecologist. Definitely do not put a peel there, you could end up with a painful burn.

In brief: No

Dr. Jane Van Dis
Dr. Jane Van Dis
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham