What are some possible causes of blood in stool, lack of appetite and stomach discomfort? I'm scared I have colon cancer

Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Blood in stool

GI symptoms. Please see your doc who may refer you to a GI doc or order an upper and lower scope.
It MAY be anything from straining when having a BM to something more. It is very important that you follow up. Then you may catch this early and have peace of mind. Peace and good health.

In brief: Blood in stool

Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Contact your GI now

Given your colon cancer history, you need to contact your GI ASAP.
I have recently seen a patient (who was twice your age) who have had recurrent colon polyps and presented only with severe anemia. He turned out to have stage III stomach cancer as well. Colon cancer in the 3rd decade of life is unusual and thus you need to be more vigilant on your health.

In brief: Contact your GI now

Dr. Peter Kurzweil