What are some home remedies for an ear infection, I believe I have one, my ear is plugged and I have itchy eye and a runny nose.?

Dr. Anna Meyer
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery - Pediatric
In brief: Pain?
We often get fluid behind our eardrums when we get a cold or have bad allergies.
This doesn't always mean the fluid is infected. If you have not pain and it just feels plugged, then it is likely fluid that will go away and doesn't need treatment. If you have a lot of pain and fever, then it may be infected. If you often have itchy eyes and runny nose, you might seek allergy treatment.

In brief: Pain?
Dr. Anna Meyer
Dr. Anna Meyer
Pathology
In brief: Allergy
The symptoms you describe suggest allergy to something in the air. You may try over the counter anti-histaminics, if the sypmptoms persist, see a doctor to test for ear infection.

In brief: Allergy
Dr. Seema Patel
I agree. You can also try using a neti pot to help clear your sinuses I think it is really effective!
Dr. Steven Seres