Can I get a foot fungus just by trying new sandals on that someone else who has fungus tried on?

In brief: Foot fungus

It is possible to get athlete's foot fungus from another person by wearing their shoes.
The chances are less if you only tried them on. If you are concerned, there are some excellent treatments I suggest as well as daily preventative methods to take!

In brief: Foot fungus

Dr. Ashley Vanderloop
Dr. Ashley Vanderloop
Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry

In brief: Anytime, anywhere...

If your toes can become infected by a fungus just by you wearing your own shoes, and not necessarily doing any activity out of the normal, then it stands to reason that trying sandals on that may have been become infected, can expose your feet to a fungus.

In brief: Anytime, anywhere...

Dr. Scott Keith
Dr. Scott Keith