Should I continue to take vicodan for my back pain.It works perfectly for me but am havin trouble getting perscriptions.What else could I try?

Dr. Cheryl White
Pain Management

In brief: Find the cause

Vicodan or other narcotics are really only indicated for short term treatment, not long term "relief".
Find the root cause and treat it (break the cycle). Start with imaging, then less invasive treatment such as injections, and finally consider surgery if indicated. Above all go to a reputable doctor who has an interes tin diagnosing your condition rather than just treating or masking the pain.

In brief: Find the cause

Dr. Cheryl White
Dr. Cheryl White
Dr. Jonathan Hyde
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Specialist

Vicodan (and other narcotics) is not the answer for chronic back pain issues.
Unless you have a narcotic contract with a pain management physician, you will have difficulty in obtaining medications due to the addictive qualities. You should seek out a specialist who may be able to break the pain cycle.....Maybe you need to be seen by a surgeon?

In brief: Specialist

Dr. Jonathan Hyde
Dr. Jonathan Hyde
Dr. Eric Weisman