What cld cause an irregular heart beat symbol on an at home blood pressure monitor? I get one on a few of my readings. Ekg was normal 4 Months ago

Dr. Shadia Constantine

In brief: Real or not

We all have extra beats once in a while that might be interpreted by the BP machine as irregular heart beating.
By age only, you are low risk for atrial fibrillation (the most common cause of irregular beats). If you are not feeling any chest pain, shortness of breath or lightheadedness when the BP machine says you are "irregular", I wouldn't be too worry. But is symptoms, consult your doc again

In brief: Real or not

Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine