Can a tranquilliser be administered ahead of a lumbar puncture to reduce anxiety and keep a patient still?

In brief: Perfectly fine

Many patients are highly anxious about a spinal tap, and in past, have found no harm in providing mild tranquilizer or sedative.
Since I would keep them supine after the procedure, and would keep from driving, makes sense that sedation would provide no added burden and enhance the procedure.

In brief: Perfectly fine

Dr. Dimitri Novitzky
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: Tranquilliser lumbar

Yes you will have it whenever a procedure is performed the Dr provides a mild sedation, and is going to ask if you take any medication, and you must respond all, including tranquilizers, as he may give a slightly higher dose.
Good luck

In brief: Tranquilliser lumbar

Good luck