I am 20 years old and I have a swollen foreskin on the underside of my penis (the part connected to the red vein part). Can I buy something, treat It?

Dr. James Lin
Urology

In brief: Need more info...

How long have you seen what you described? How has it been progressing & evolving? Do you have long foreskin? .
.. More? These may help deduce what it is and how to treat it. How to get the related things for good medical care done in right way? Follow instructions in http://formefirst.com/eNewsletter06.html. Then you can work closely with doc for right diagnosis, care, & counseling. Best...

In brief: Need more info...

Dr. James Lin
Dr. James Lin
Dr. Gregory Lewis
You may have what is known as a "tethered frenulum" if the swelling and/or discomfort with erection is localized to the skin band located on the underside of the penis where the shaft meets the head (glans) of the penis. If such is the case you can try a topical steroid cream (hydrocortisone 1-2%) applied 2-3x daily for swelling, but surgical incision (lysis) is a minor corrective outpt. surgery.
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: STD? Herpes?

It would be a big mistake to try to diagnose or treat this yourself.
It could be an infection that needs a prescription antibiotic. If you are sexually active, an STD (e.g. herpes) is a good bet. Stop screwing around and see a doctor. Good luck!

In brief: STD? Herpes?

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. Jane Van Dis