Doctor called that my SECOND FNA for 2.7cm thyroid nodule was FLUS AGAIN.ThyroseqV2 for SECOND time was blood/too few cells to be diagnostic What now?

Dr. Ira Katz
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: A little confused?

FLUS=follicular lesion of undetermined sig.
There have to be cells to make this diag. The usual thing is to redo the US/if nec FNA in a few months, dep on US. If there are cells a Thyroseq.v2 is very accurate for mutations. This sounds non-diagnostic. Make sure doc doing FNA is experienced. Likely need repeat. Ask for pathologist to reread. If 3rd FNA->path look immed to make sure adeq. New doc?

In brief: A little confused?

Dr. Ira Katz
Dr. Ira Katz
Dr. Ira Katz
You are very welcome. This is a little technical, but I am putting it here for you to look at so you can better understand what I am saying if you wish: www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/thyroidatypia.html
Dr. Adam Levy