I have some kind of lung infection. My doctor gave me bactrim (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim) 800-160 for 10 days and my symptoms persist. Acne on my back and ache in chest on right?

Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology

In brief: Reword this question

"Some kind of lung infection" means nothing.
Cough? Fever? What is the DR's diagnosis? Any other meds? Ache in chest due to cough? How long ill? Effective therapy of bronchitis is time + inhalers. Antibiotic therapy is not effective for viral infections. While Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim) is not the first choice for acne, it can be effective. If the acne is improved after 3 months, continue the med. Usually just 1 a d

In brief: Reword this question

Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology