Can allergies cause throat tightness and if so what treatments would you recommend. I had a blood test done and have a high reaction to trees?

Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: See allergist

I think you need to see an allergist to find out the cause of your throat tightness and the appropriate treatment required.
Certainly allergy can cause throat swelling (which can be life-threatening) but it is impossible to tell if that's your problem. It is however unlikely that your allergy to tree pollen is causing the throat swelling even if it does exist.

In brief: See allergist

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology