I am currently taking ambein for insomnia.But every morning wheñ I wake up I am tiredd the whole dày and it feels like à truck hit me with a headache ?

Dr. Michelle Zetoony
Internal Medicine - Sleep Medicine

In brief: Every body different

Every body metabolism is different.
Most will metabolize this drug in 8 hours but some it may be 4 and others it may be 12. Lower dose can be helpful but also make sure you don't have an actual sleep disorder that is being missed (like apnea) because medications like Ambien (zolpidem) worsen apnea so now apneas are longer and lower oxygen and you wake up feeling worse than when you go to bed.

In brief: Every body different

Every body metabolism is different.
Dr. Michelle Zetoony
Dr. Michelle Zetoony
Dr. Eric Anderson

In brief: Ambien (zolpidem) hangover?

One possible reason for this is the Ambien (zolpidem) is giving you a "hangover" because it is too strong or too high of a dose.
Another is that the Ambien (zolpidem) is not doing it but your poor sleep alone is making you feel this way. Best to check with your doctor. Of course, finding the reason for the insomnia is important! if not due to the ambien, (zolpidem) you might benefit from a sleep study.

In brief: Ambien (zolpidem) hangover?

Dr. Eric Anderson
Dr. Eric Anderson
Dr. Vikram Patel