I took mucinex (guaifenesin) dm 1 hour ago. I have anxiety attacks and I find two shots stops them. Can I take the alcohol without causing too much damage to my bod?

Dr. Raymond Nissley

In brief: I'm

Alcohol will relieve anxiety in the short-term. However it is likely to make your anxiety condition worse in the long-term. I suggest you see your family doctor to discuss treatments for your anxiety.
These can take many forms, including benzodiazepines antidepressants and counseling. Newer antidepressants are very effective for many people in relieving anxiety symptoms. Hope this helps.

In brief: I'm

Dr. Raymond Nissley
Dr. Raymond Nissley
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology