I'm on Valdoxan 50mg, and my doctor just prescribed me with Luvox (fluvoxamine) 50mg. I later read that the two drugs are contraindicated. Should I still take both?

Dr. Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine

In brief: I wouldn't

Certain enzymes--CYP1A2, CYP2C9, CYP2C19--in Valdoxan/agomelatine are inhibited by the SSRI antidepressant fluvoxamine/Luvox.
This leads to higher levels of agomelatine in your body when the drugs are taken together. You need to get a second opinion on what is best treatment for you, or at least candidly ask your doctor why both of these were prescribed together. Best wishes:)

In brief: I wouldn't