I hiccup non-repetitively everyday numerous times (probably 50+ times depending on the day). What does this mean?

Dr. Nizar Kherallah
Pediatrics - Pulmonology

In brief: Hiccups

When hiccups occur that frequently; it is better to have a doctor see you to make sure there is no medical cause behind it.
The list of conditions leading to frequent hiccups is long and may be related to neurological , stomach, chest, heart or medications. Also it could be psychological. Pulmonologist are the best to assess such a complaint but it is always better to start with your family Doc.

In brief: Hiccups

Dr. Nizar Kherallah
Dr. Nizar Kherallah
Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Hiccup

I am not sure what this means but I strongly recommend that you have your mother or father to the nearest Emergency facility.
Do not delay! Please let me know how things go. PS: I left Sydney in 1974 and am now jealous of your sunshine in QLD!

In brief: Hiccup

Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology