I have been prescribed. 25 mg of Xanax (alprazolam) 3x daily for the past 9 years. Is this safe or wise?

Can't really tell Ca. While the dosage is relatively low, Xanax (alprazolam) is a benzodiazepine which can be habit forming and difficult to get off. For some people with panic disorder or severe anxiety, such medication may be very helpful There are other medications which can also be used. Sometimes it is a good idea to periodically taper off the medication and see if the symptoms return. Discuss all of this with your doctor.
Response. You do NOT indicate why you are taking the Xanax, (alprazolam) or why NOW, after 9 yrs, you are questioning the wisdom of your long-term interventions. Suggest you discuss first with the doctor who prescribed this.
It is a small dose. It is safe but it can be habit forming,,so when you are ready you must wean off it slowly.