I have trigeminal neuralgia and currently taking carbamezapine , but a couple of days ago now start getting a sharp stabbing pain in my left eye.

Dr. Chaim Colen
Neurosurgery

In brief: Trigeminal nerve

Understanding the anatomy and the cause of the trigeminal nerve/neuralgia in your case is useful.
If you trigeminal neuralgia is due to ms, an adjacent lesion affecting the v1 portion of the nerve (eye area) is possible.

In brief: Trigeminal nerve

Dr. Chaim Colen
Dr. Chaim Colen
Dr. Oscar Novick

In brief: Eye pain

The pain may be due to the neuralgia, but you may have a dry eye.
Therefore, consult an eye doctor for his opinion.

In brief: Eye pain

Dr. Oscar Novick
Dr. Oscar Novick
Dr. Sivakumar Jaikumar
Neurosurgery

In brief: Clarification

When you get the trigeminal pain does it come n left or right side in which distribution? Also is it related to a particular activity or time? If persists would check back with neurologist.

In brief: Clarification

Dr. Sivakumar Jaikumar
Dr. Sivakumar Jaikumar
Dr. Shontae Buffington