Can terrible anxiety and depression cause weight loss? I've lost around 4-5 kilos (91->86/87) been constantlz under anxiety for 2 months. fear cancer.

Dr. Marcie Berman
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Absolutely

Both anxiety and depression can lead to rapid weight loss as a result of fear, preoccupation, and loss of appetite.
However, you can never be certain about this until you visit you primary care doc and talk about your concerns. Be sure to mention any physical issues that may be leading you to fear cancer besides your weight loss. Go soon. Good luck.

In brief: Absolutely

Dr. Bruce Jacobs

In brief: Yes.

Anxiety and depression can cause weight loss.
. I don't think you have cancer unless you have profound weight loss.

In brief: Yes.