I was bullimic and took up to 60 laxatives per day. This was 5 years ago. Have I got permanent damage or at risk from anything?

Dr. Madan Uprety

In brief: Not really

If you have done this 5 years ago but haven't been engaged in such behavior at present, and if you do not have gastrointestinal symptoms, very likely you haven't caused long term damage.

In brief: Not really

Dr. Madan Uprety
Dr. Madan Uprety
Dr. Eric Anderson

In brief: Bulimia

That depends! if you are no longer doing it and have not for 5 years, and if you are physically ok (normal bowel movements, no arrhythmia problems, no prolapsed organs, etc.
), the likelihood of permanent damage is low. However, the only way to find out is to go to your doctor and have him/her do a thorough examination. Keep up the great work on your recovery!

In brief: Bulimia

Dr. Eric Anderson
Dr. Eric Anderson
Dr. Eric Anderson
You're welcome!
Dr. Andrea Brand