Chronic Elevated Total bilirubin (2.5) direct bilirubin (0.5) and indirect bilirubin (2.0). All other liver enzymes are normal. What causes this??

Pathology

In brief: Sounds serious

Hello again Matt.
If your direct bilirubin is actually 0.5 mg/dL now, then this is more than Gilbert's which I understand is diagnosed. If this is not a lab error, then I suspect you have cholestasis too for some reason and you deserve a workup by somebody who's good with liver disease. Actually, the alprazolam / Xanax you're taking occasionally causes this. You might start there. Best wishes.

In brief: Sounds serious

Hello again Matt.
Dr. Andrea Brand