Will I need a liver transplant if my hepb has caused cirrosis even if I take the drug tenofivor.?

Dr. Barry Cohen
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Need
Way more info can'y answer that here.

In brief: Need
Way more info can'y answer that here.
Dr. Barry Cohen
Dr. Barry Cohen
Dr. Vivek Huilgol
You should ask the MD that prescribed the tenofovir what your MELD score is. You've said you have cirrhosis. the MELD score and the MD's assessment will enable you to have your concerns addressed.
Dr. Amy Friedman
Surgery - Transplant
In brief: Depends on function
Liver transplant is only performed when it is clear that leaving the diseased liver in place is more likely to lead to death, than replacing it.
Indications that txp is needed include a meld score of 15 or higher, poor synthetic function (inr is high, Albumin is low), ascites (fluid in the abdomen), encephalopathy, bleeding varices, jaundice, deteriorating renal function, infections.

In brief: Depends on function
Dr. Amy Friedman
Dr. Amy Friedman
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery