Can you take prilosec and nexium (esomeprazole) together? Can I take zantac at night after taking prilosec in the afternoon?

Drug interactions. Prilosec is a brand of generic omeprazole. Nexium is a brand of generic esomeprazole, which is left mirror image of omeprazole. Therefore, you only take one, not both proton pump inhibitors (PPI). Zantac is brand of generic ranitidine, which is an H2 blocker, which isn't as powerful as PPI but can be used in conjunction w/PPI. Try lifestyle modifications to avoid acid reflux: http://goo.gl/yJXqxR.